Stone chambered Neolithic long barrow excavated in 1859 and 1955-6. The chambers contained both disarticulated inhumations and cremations and Neolithic and also some Beaker pottery. The barrow is extant as a earthwork mound 100 metres long and trapezoidal in shape. The side ditches have been almost obliterated by ploughing. The facade and chambers at the broader eastern end were reconstructed following the 1955-6 excavations. The monument was surveyed by staff of the RCHME Salisbury office in 1992 at the request of English Heritage, in order to complement a geophysical survey. The survey suggests that the barrow is of at least two constructional phases, as a noticeable bulge halfway along the longitudinal axis is accompanied by a subtle change in direction. The tomb is scheduled as an ancient monument.