Circa 1850-1, by Sir Charles Barry on the site of, and of the same general dimensions and layout as, a house built by William Winde, circa 1674-7, for George Villiers, 2nd Duke of Buckingham. Entrance (North) Facade.In a Cinquecento (16th century classical) style. Three storeys, nine bays. Ground floor with three central bay porte cochere (porch with carriage way), of 1869 by H.Clutton with coupled Tuscan columns flanked by arched windows in Gibbs surrounds. Upper floor rusticated (roughened surface) and with front Ionic pilasters (rectangular columns fixed to the wall). First floor windows with pediments (triangular heads) and blank balconies. Second floor windows in moulded surrounds. Frieze (vertical edge to the roof) with incised Latin inscription. Balustrade with urns on the edge of the roof. Left and right, low balustraded quadrants with attached Tuscan columns link up with side wings at right angles to the centre. The wings are two storeyed and of seven bays, the central three advanced somewhat. Interior altered and redecorated by J.Loughborough Pearson for Lord Astor in the 1890s, and has a genuine Francois- Premier fireplace in the hall and genuine French Rococo panelling from the chateau of Asmores of circa. 1755 in the dining room. Garden (South) Facade. Generally similar to the entrance front but with a single storeyed extra bay either side, and standing high above two terraces.