Post Medieval deer park and landscape park at Thoresby Hall. An estate map of 1680 showns a layout of formal gardens, a lake was developed by 1725. The park was landscaped during the 1780s and involved Capability Brown. Humphry Repton redesigned a cascade and parts of the river in 1791. The walled kitchen garden was constructed 1864-71. The main gardens were designed in 1863, originally by W A Nesfield but finished by Salvin. Also present is a 19th century woodland garden.