The buried and earthwork remains of a medieval moated site for a prebendary manor house belonging to York Minster, located on the western outskirts of Riccall village. Upon the island there is a Grade II* Listed Building that incorporates substantial remains of a late medieval brick built manor house. The manor of Riccall was held by the Archbishop of York from before the Domesday Survey. The prebendal manor house was in existence by 1294, when it was first documented and a licence to crenellate was granted in 1350. The oldest part of the existing house is a brick built three storey tower with a five stage turret dated to circa 1480. The manor and moated site passed to the Wormley family in 1651, who in 1654 made Riccall Hall, 700 metres to the south east, their main residence. In 1869 the manor house was enlarged to serve as a vicarage and is now in use as a private house. The moated island is 60 metres by 80 metres, orientated NNW-SSE. It is rhomboid in plan with the western side being 90 metres long, and the eastern side 70 metres. The upstanding late medieval building is sited centrally on the western side of the island. The encircling moat ditch is broad and deep, typically 20 metres wide and was originally at least 2 metres deep. The northern and eastern moat arms survive best; the south western part of the circuit survives mainly as an infilled feature, modified by 19th century lanscaping. The field to the west of the monument is lower than the island and, as a result, the western moat arm is defined on its outer western side by a bank. Scheduled.