"A rectangular earthwork 290ft x 241ft bounded by fragmentary ditches, part-excavated 1946." At the northeast angle, projecting to the north, were traces of an outer annexe. A Roman rubbish pit was to the west. Only the slightly rounded southeast corner of the work could be traced. C2-C4 pottery was found within the outer annexe. Nothing now remains, the whole area having been quarried, but it is suggested that the work was a, "temporary labour camp."