The place-name of Godrevy is first recorded in c.1250. This name is Cornish and contains a plural of the element godre meaning homestead, small house (Padel, 1985, 106). The original settlement of Godrevy is likely to have been on the clifftop (site 92182, marked as homestead in antiquity script on current OS maps). Professor Charles Thomas speculates that this original settlement was abandoned due to incursion by sand and a manor was developed at Crane Godrevy (site:90732) (marked as remains of Manor House on OS maps). Crane Godrevy, being sited on top of a hill and exposed to winter gales, was hardly hospitable and another move was inevitable, this time to the present farmstead (Thomas, 1969). The core of the present working farm was established before the 19th century and the building layout can be seen to have developed largely before 1880. Its relatively sheltered position, situated behind a ridge and sufficiently far upslope to avoid inundation by sand, would suggest that it may have been built on the site of an early complex. The present farmhouse is later 19th century (extant by 1880) and probably replaced a building of different plan recorded on the Tithe map. It is two storey, built on an L plan and has rendered walls and a slate roof. Its four pane sash windows with slightly arched tops and tall chimney stacks are characteristically late Victorian. The farm buildings are typical of the later 18th century and 19th century, being laid out around a sub-rectangular yard and comprise a large two storey barn (92178*1) on one side of the yard, with other single storey buildings forming the remaining sides. All of the earlier farm buildings are built of local stone with slate roofs. During the 20th century the farm complex has been extended to the south-east and in more recent years large modern buildings have been added on the north-east side. Archaeological Comments - Site:92178*0 Medieval settlements should be surveyed in detail and documentary research carried out. Geophysical survey may help to locate any below ground remains. Archaeological watching briefs should be undertaken during any ground disturbance and if significant remains emerge, then full scale excavation should be carried out.