A roughly pentagonal moated castle built, without licence in 1229, with round towers and a twin-tower gatehouse which may well be later. From about 1330 the castle was much altered by the addition of a large square corner tower, a domestic block associated with it and a smaller square tower, the latter of 15th century date. The domestic range to the south was added later, probably in the early 17th century, and remodelled circa 1691. The bridge and possibly the gazebo were built in the 18th century. There are two barns on the site.