Medieval wayside cross shaft in a square socket stone standing on a modern plinth. The whole stands on a raised knoll by the roadside to the north west of the town of Dunster. The knoll, which is included in the scheduling, stands circa 1.5 metres above the surrounding land. The simple socket and shaft is of 15th century type. The socket stone bears the inscription WC,1871,SW which probably records a restoration. The cross stands at the junction of four tracks within view of the church and is indicative of a wayside cross leading people towards the church.