The standing, buried and earthwork remains of the deserted areas of Sibthorpe medieval village. Sibthorpe is first documented in the Domesday book of 1086 where it is recorded that the village was owned by at least four manors. Bt 1327 much of the land in Sibthorpe had come into the possession of Thomas Sibthorpe. Thomas Sibthorpe established a chantry house which over time was enlarged into a college of chantry priests. Surrender to the Crown of the property held by the college came on the 17th April 1545. The college and lands were granted by Henry VIII in 1546 to Richard Walley, whose widow married Edward Burnell. It is documented that Burnell had a large house at Sibthorpe but by 1790 nothing of the house survived except for a large dovecote and a field named the park. The monument survives as a series of earthworks and buried remains, except the dovecote which stands to its original height. In the field to the east of the church is evidence of a sunken trackway running north to south across the field. To the east of the trackway is a large rectangular enclosure measuring 90 metres north-south by 73 metres east-west. Within this enclosure are the earthworks of a number of house platforms which abut the trackway on the east side. To the west of the trackway is a Grade I Listed stone built dovecote with tile roof and probably built in the 14th century. South west of the dovecote are a series of six fishponds whilst earthworks in the field to the east of the church indicate the site of college buildings. To the south west of the fishponds, west of Church Lane, are a pair of moated enclosures. The ditches were infilled in 1967 and have been ploughed ever since but still show as low earthworks on the ground. To the north of Car Dyke and to the west of Church Lane are the well preserved remains of part of the open field system containing ridge and furrow cultivation. Scheduled.