Built in the early 14th century, for John de Handle, as the gatehouse to a house that was demolished in the late 18th century. It was altered in the late 16th to 17th centuries and then again in the 20th century to be used as a house. It is built of coursed rubble stone with ashlar dressings and a lead roof and comprises a rectangular building with hexagonal corner towers. The rear towers are a little taller and contain stone spiral staircases. Traces of medieval drawings survive on the rear wall of the ground floor. A bridge, built in 1736, crosses the moat in front of the building.