The remains of a moated site at Soddington Hall. The moat measures 110 metres north to south by 80 metres east to west overall, with a 1 metre to 2 metres high by 2 metres wide external bank to the north. The northern arm is 30 metres wide and has been excavated from the hillside. This arm contains a series of drainage ditches in its bottom. The eastern arm survives at its northern end for 30 metres and is 15 metres wide, the remains of the arm having been infilled to the south. The southern arm has also been infilled. The western arm is also excavated into the hillside and is 8 metres wide by 2 metres deep. The island measures 70 metres by 55 metres. The island is occupied by the early 19th century Soddington Hall which replaced an early 15th century house after its demolition in 1807. At the time of demolition a pavement and an anqueduct were uncovered and have been interpreted as the remains of a possible Roman villa. However, it is possible that these remains represent part of the 15th century house sine no Roman small finds were recovered. The present house, which was aleterd in the late 19th and mid-20th centuries, is constructed of brick eith a hipped slate roof. The earthworks and buried remains of the moat are Scheduled where as the present house is Listed Grade II.