The house appears to be an 18th or 19th century stone built house with an attached stone and brick wing jutting westwards to the road. The underlying structure suggests that the house dates from the late 16th century and was a timber framed structure, probably of four bays with two floors and an external chimney stack at the north end. What is now the wing was originally a timber framed barn on a stone plinth and there was a well between the two buildings. The house was rebuilt in the early 17th century, the ground floor walls were of stone but the internal walls and some of the first floor exterior were timber framed. The roof was steeply pitched and was probably stone tiled. Circa 1700 the barn was converted to a two-storey wing attached to the house at first floor level and extended out towards the road by a brick and stone section. The roof of this wing, which provided a cloth shearing workshop and wool store, was steeply pitched, and the the new link over the well was timber framed. The house was also altered at this time, The rear outshut was raised to priovide a third second floor room, a pantry was added to the ground floor and a new central staircase was constructed. The front wing was converted into a malthouse circa 1740, the remaining timber framed walls of the barn were replaced by stone on the north side and by brick on the south. The malthouse had a pigeon loft above. Further alterations to the house and malthouse were carried out post-1825, these included the raising of the malthouse roof. In 1870 the first floor of the malthouse was being used as a Meeting House by the Society of Friends and the ground floor was possibly in use as a shop. In 1908 the attic of the malthouse was converted into a dairy and the first floor was used for storage. Between 1985 and 1999 the house has been comprehensively renovated and the dairy wing has been converted to business premises on all three floors, with a separate residential unit on the ground floor.