A medieval moated site located east of Papworth Hall. The site comprises a sub-circular island, enclosed by a semi-waterfilled moat crossed by causeways to the east and west. The site is thought to represent the manor of Papworth Everard, recorded from the mid 12th century. The manor house was mentioned from 1300. The present Papworth Hall (see UID 366411) dates from 1808 and is believed to have replaced an earlier building on the moated island. The grounds of the hall were landscaped in the early 19th century. An Italian garden was recorded in the 1890s within the moat, but is no longer visible. Scheduled.