A large single storey range enclosing three sides of a square yard open to the south. Two double height barns (without upper floor) adjoin the rear of the north wing and a small lean-to abuts the east side of the east wing. The date 1872 appears on the Stable lintel. 30742 is a large single-storey farm range extending around three sides of a square yard open to the S. Additional accommodation exists in the form of two barns built against and overlooking the N wing, and a small crudely built lean-to against the E wall of the E wing. The building comprises barns, stabling, byres, workshops and miscellaneous other accommodation. The whole, with the exception perhaps of the lean-to, appears to be of a single build, dated 1872 on the stable lintel. It first appears, complete in its present form, on OS6 1896. Stylistically it has much in common with the isolated shelter shed N of Waterhouses (survey 1046/4) and both evidently adopt a simplified version of the idiom employed on houses built on the Malham Tarn Estate under Walter Morrison in LC19 - especially the Wardens House itself (30741) and the Old School House, now Home Farm (survey 1046/1). Both 30742 and the shelter shed seem to have been built at, or soon after, the taking in hand of the former Waterhouses tenancy - at the same time, that is, as the present Wardens House was built to accommodate the estate manager. Architecturally, therefore, they reflect the improving tendencies of a Victorian Philanthropist, along with a little of his taste for mild ostentation. In the present century 30742 and the shelter shed both remained part of the Home Farm holding when it was transferred to the Old School House, but 30742 has since been restored to the Wardens House, and is used as general stores and workshops. Construction throughout is of uncoursed limestone rubble. Quoins, except to the lean-to, which uses unsquared limestone blocks, are of quarry dressed gritstone with a chisel draughted arris. Openings are similarly treated, except that the jambs and reveals are generally finely dressed. Flush quarry dressed sills and square lintels to the windows and doors are also gritstone. Roofs are of Westmorland slate in diminishing courses and oversail at the eaves. On the W wing the roof projects beyond the gable with exposed splayed purlin ends, in a manner frequently found on estate building of LC19 on Malham Moor; the E wing, however, has a roughly mortared plain verge, suggesting subsequent alteration. Valleys are leaded and the ridge is composed of jointed blue-clay tiles. By contrast the twin barns are each gabled with a dividing valley gutter; they have plain verges with the purlin ends exposed in the gable, and the ridge is of lead formed around a roll. Chimneys to the W wing are of squared gritstone and have weathered caps. A large ridge mounted stack (lacking pots) serves a fireplace in what may have been a grooms room, while a more slender stack complete with a yellow clay pot rises through the W roof slope from a fireplace all trace of which has vanished. The roofs are supported by purlins except in the stable, which has threes strutted kingpost trusses. The precise function of each compartment of the building cannot be determined. The W wing seems to have included a cart-shed, a grooms room, possibly a harness room. The N wing incorporates stores and workshops beside stables. The stable fittings - principally three timber stall partitions - survive, but are not of any distinction. The E wing is occupied by byres. Workshops and animal quarters have hopper windows, narrow glazed lights being reserved for the grooms (?) and an adjacent room in the W wing. The barns are entered from a dry area running along part of the rear of the N wing; the doorway has a relieving arch over and was formerly porched. The two barns, although of double height have no upper floors. Owing to their situation, built into the hillside rising to the N, they suffered excessively from damp, and must have been virtually useless for the storage of hay. They appear to have been long disused. Pitching eyes at first floor level open to the N and are quoined as elsewhere. In the S gables ventilation slots are decoratively arranged in threes.