A quadrangular brick built stable block designed by Phillip Webb in the Arts and Crafts style which retains its coach house, Stable lads accommodation (now part of 5 Standen Cottages) loose boxes and stalls. A tack room and washroom are now converted into garages and the drinking trough and loos now play host to an oil tank. In the north-east corner is a an earlier grannary with a side purlin queen strut roof which was radically rebuilt when incorporated into the stable block. Apart from the repositioning of the coach house doors and the removal of the water trough the Stable block remains exactly as built in 1893. It is therefore important in that it contains so many original features which all to often have been dismantled in similar buildings, as such care should be taken to seen that it these features are preserved. The granary probably dates from the early eighteenth century as such structures are rare before this date yet the use of the curved tension brace in truss three and traditional carpentry techniques indicates a fairly early date. A granary is mentioned on this site in an estate map of 1776 (B.M.C.7.e18(1)) and it can be presumed that this building was the one mentioned. Pre 1893 O.S. maps show this building in a slightly different position to the one it presently occupies, making it likely that Webb bodily moved the entire structure during his rebuilding.