Double pile house of four main rooms with short rear wing. Two full storeys. Slate roof over rendered ?brick walls. Two gable end brick stacks ( rendered). In 1840 there were only two buildings on the Upcot site and these were both agricultural, the land being farmed from St. Gabriels. The Tithe Map shows only the lower part of Building 3 ( the former Shelter Shed) and a building in the position of the central part of Building 4 ( the Barn). The Tithe Apportionment reads barn and yard and the barn had an apse-like projection to the East - this was perhaps a horse engine house. It therefore appears that Upcot originated as a field barn to St. Gabriels. The farmhouse at Upcot appears to date from c. 1850. The fireplaces with plain consoles supporting a shelf suggest this as a starting date. Other features suggest generally the second half of the 19th Century e.g. the 9 and 16 pane sashes with quite narrow glazing bars and the plain four panelled doors. The register grate in the Sitting Room looks late Victorian, e.g. c. 1890. The 1885 Kellys Directory of Dorset lists Henry Harris as the farmer of Upcutt. Important features: The facade. Windows 1 and 2 and the first floor windows. The first floor doors and Doors 1-3. The flagstone floors. The fireplaces. The staircase.