Paragon House, Paragon Place, (South Street), c.1700 (NGR 292007 92375). A photograph of this (looking from ?Mermaid Buildings? towards the South Tower of the cathedral) that includes this building is reported by Richard Parker (pers comm.). The house is seen to be at least three storeys tall. Visible features include cross windows, a heavy bracketed cornice, a hipped roof with lead flats and a lantern with a concave pointed roof. The photograph also shows lots of South Street buildings, plus the back walls of the buildings demolished for Pearsons cloister. N.B. There is no reference at present, but the photograph is in an album of photographs compiled for Nathaniel Rogers in the Exeter cupboard of the D&EI. Several drawings of the interior of the building were published recently by Todd Gray (Gray 2003, 164-5). These include one of a 16th or earlier 17th century Exeter type fireplace, showing that the building also contained earlier fabric.Gray, T. 2003 Lost Devon: Creation, Change and Destruction over 500 Years, Exeter: The Mint Press.New monument description, SRB, 26.iii.04.