Mid 15th century moated tower house, altered 1527-34 for Henry VIII. Queen Elizabeth granted the house to Sir Henry Carey in 1558/59. Further alterations and extensions were made in the first half of the 17th century. The western parts were demolished circa 1745 and the moat was infilled circa 1788. The house was replanned and rebuilt 1805-11 and altered again circa 1861. Brick-built and three storeyed, with a two storey service wing to the west and a gatehouse to the north west.