Moated medieval manor house, altered in the mid 18th century and restored and extended in 1852 by Thomas Jekyll. The medieval house was built circa 1460-70 by Sir Hugh Hastings. It comprised a central open hall with cross wings, a chapel to the east and service wing to the west. Much of the present exterior is 19th century in date. The foundations of a gatehouse, a tower and a stretch of curtain wall were identified in 1852 and excavated in the 1980s. They are believed to date from the 15th century.