Row of 22 Almshouses attached to the Gild Hall. They were built by the Gild of the Holy Cross in 1427-8, much altered in the 16th century and restored in 1892. Restored, extended and modernised in 1982-84 for the Guild of the Holy Trinity. The almshouses are two storeys high with 21 window range. To the front there is timber framing with plaster infill on renewed ashlar plinth and the first floor is jettied on joist ends, the rear is brick built. In 1910 they were described for the housing of `24 aged people. This is probably the oldest domestic building in Stratford-upon-Avon. It was preceded by a hospital and chapel built in 1269 by Bishop Giffard of Worcester for the poor and infirm of the town. The almshouses were attached to the former hospital.