Mid and late 19th century formal gardens and woodland for an 18th century country house. Little is known of the 18th century landscaping, a map of 1790 shows an enclosed park surrounding the two lakes. Belts of trees still outline this area, with denser woodland to the south-east. The house, south lake and the southeast area of the park and gardens form the public park which was opened in 1973. An early 19th century terrace is present to the south of the house, it encloses a parterre, central steps lead to a lawn. To the east is a rectangular lawn with a circular central basin, a formal rose garden and a cliped yew walk. Also present is an 18th century walled kitchen garden.