Manor house with a medieval core, encased and extended circa 1876. The medieval, rubble-built main block has a 17th century bay to the west, a 19th century bay to the east and two 19th century wings to the north. The house is surrounded by a moat, part of which has been converted into an ornamental pond. The moat is in turn surrounded by an outer enclosure comprising a earthen bank and ditch. A number of earthworks are visible in the area between the moat and the outer enclosure. These may represent earlier land divisions or village earthworks. A late 19th century excavation uncovered the foundations of a late 12th century gatehouse close to the house.