A 17th century town house and undercroft with 18th century alterations, restored by T M Penson for Butts, Jewellers, in 1858 in a Vernacular Revival style. It is of three storeys in one bay and is of sandstone and timber frame with plaster panels, old brown brick to the west side, and a grey slate roof. There is no sign of medieval fabric in the modern clad undercroft. At Row level a 20th century shop adopts the form of a previous galleried hall. An 18th century staircase leads to the upper floors. At Row + 1 level there is a good over-Row parlour with visible timber framing and 17th century wainscot. Now an undercroft shop, Row shop and ancillary storage and office.