Farmhouse: Two storey house with rear wing. Small lean-to porch to east. Main roof is gable ended with internal axial stack and external axial stack to west; latter with top and bottom shoulders, both tiled. Roof covered plain clay tiles throughout, except where otherwise indicated. Collared ridge clay tiles. Small pentice roof over square bay. Side porch lean-to with timber trellis. Rear roof changes pitch. Walls limewash and render over stone. Both stacks brick above roofline with oversailing courses and zinc flashing. Rear gabled wing has ridge to same height. Timber lean-to on west wall of wing connects the existing and original farmhouses. Corrugated iron roof over. Beach boulders set end on form cobbled surface in rear entrance yard. A contemporary stair turret between east side of wing and rear of main house. Angle between stairs and rear filled by small single storey lean-to and on rear wing single storey lean-to dairy with double roman tiles; both of single thickness brickwork. Single phase house built to replace earlier 16c farmhouse adjoining. The Acland papers ( Devon Record Office) show that it was built after Holnicote Cottage ( 115,158) ( 1876-77), the Agents house, to a similar plan but with a lower standard of carpentry, as was then thought suitable for a farmhouse. Important Features: Plan showing social differentiation. Fireplaces in living room A, living room B, front kitchen, bedroom I, bedroom J. Four panelled doors, lined/ panelled openings and door fixtures, casements, lined openings, window fixtures, service bells. Stone flag floors in front and back kitchen and service hall and passage. Tile floor and dairy shelving in dairy. In a good state of repair. The Old Farmhouse: see 115,227 for full report. Pigsty: Single storey, two cell with gable ended roof of double roman tiles and matching ridge of glass on front pitch. Walls rubble stone; very roughly coursed grey-green stone with brick quoins and jambs. Late 19c, not marked on the 1842 Selworthy Tithe Map or the 1876 Holnicote Estate Map. Important features: external features and plan, cobbled floors, feeding trough ( east end), brick window lintels, symmetrical plank and ledge doors on same post. In a fair state of repair, but roof leaking in rear corner. Barn, not in use at time of survey: Long, rectangular thatched barn, one and a half storeys. Opposed pairs of threshing doors, gable to east, half hip to west. Aligned east-west and merging with adjoining building to west. South side opens into yard. Roof, north pitch very recently thatched, south pitch also recent but earlier. Southwest corner top coat blown off in recent ( February 1992) gales. North wall rubble stone to loft floor, cob above on east end. South wall has cob infill above stone one metre from eaves level at east end reducing to 0.5m at threshing door. A vertical slit window set half in cob and half in stone with a stone lintel surrounded by cob indicates that both stone and cob are contemporary. South wall of barn has straight joint indicating west end is later extension with no cob. All stonework is quite carefully coursed with courses thickening towards the base with large squared stones in door jambs very neatly laid. Wall at east side of north threshing door is leaning outwards. A considerable amount of grey-cream limestone has been used on the upper part of the southwest wall and appears not to be local. No west wall exists, the barn is open to the North Linhay, the interiors are continuous though the roofs are distinct. Large wooden grain bin on loft floor. Horizontal drive shaft and four belt pulley wheels bracketed to two large beams set on tops of walls, need to drive barn machinery. 18c, shown on 1809-12 Holnicote Estate Map. Important features: roof and wall construction; threshing floor and doors; surviving internal features e.g. grain bin, drive shafts, loft. In a generally good state of repair but some water seepage through thatch close to ridge at west end. North Linhay, not in use at time of survey: Apparently the first of three single storey linhays of similar form and construction providing a range around part of the north and entire west and south of the farmyard. This north range has the west range butting on to its south side and incorporates the full hip and part of the west end of the Barn. One and a half bays open south into the yard. Roof of double roman tiles with matching ridge. Walls, rear of rubble stone with brick jambs contemporary with building. East end of walls merged with those of Barn and re- aligned to square off courtyard. Stone throughout is very mixed random rubble with heavy mortar infill not so well handled as in earlier work. Mangers on rubble stone base; thick wood planks ( 0.04 - 0.05m) on timber frame with rails above, some renewed. Divisions and back all timber. Rear feeding passage. Loose box rails and gate opening to sheep dip ( no door) in northwest corner. Late 19c, not shown on the 1841 Selworthy Tithe Map or on the 1876 Holnicote Estate Map. Forms part of a major re- modelling of the farm buildings. Important features: external appearance with other linhays, mangers and other fixtures ( believed to be contemporary with building). In a generally good state of repair but roof leaking with deterioration of timber locally severe. West Linhay, not in use at time of survey: Western part of single storey range around yard; butts on to North Linhay and is similar to it. Loosebox at each end and two openings to central part from yard. Mangers as in North Linhay. Late 19c, not shown on 1841 Selworthy Tithe Map or on 1876 Holnicote Estate Map. Important feature: mangers and associated fixtures. In a generally good state of repair. South Linhay: Southern part of single storey range around yard. Butts on to West Linhay, and is similar to North and West Linhay, but eaves are lower and there are four internal partitions. Roof of double roman tiles. East end weatherboarded, front open. South wall rubble stone. Mangers as North and West Linhay. External steps on east end. Farmyard complete and cobbled throughout. West portion of waterworn stones; east portion of cut or hewn stone of varying sizes. Central trough of brick with bullnosed top course. Base of trough a single slab of slate with single hole through for drainage at east end. Drainage in yard is controlled by low ridge of roughly squared stone cobbling falling away each side, with a series of drains taking water to a drain near the trough, or running it out of yard entrance. Steps on east end of South Linhay of red and purple rubble stone with roughly squared stone treads. Late 19c, not shown on 1841 Selworthy Tithe Map nor on 1876 Holnicote estate Map. Important features: external appearance and plan, with associated Linhays and cobbled yard; mangers and other features. In a generally good state of repair. Cowshed and Stable: cowshed disused at time of survey: Similar external features to Linhays above, but enclosed frontage. North portion former cowshed, south portion still in use as a stable. Roof of double roman tiles. Front wall has central infill in breeze blocks. To the south is roughly coursed stone; the lower courses are mixed, and the upper courses predominately red sandstone. As there is no brick, it suggests this building predates the Linhays. Three saddle trees set in stable wall. Early 19c, probably shown on 1841 Selworthy Tithe Map. Appears to be of earlier construction than Linhays. The stable fixtures are probably late 19c. Important features: external appearance and plan, original floors and fixtures in stable, two doors of exceptional quality. In a generally good state of repair. Lean-to Linhay, disused: Roof of corrugated iron supported on three well constructed round rubble stone pillars with evidence of a fourth to the west. Built in thin roughly shaped courses. Loose Box, formerly continuation of the Lean-to Linhay, but has subsequently been enclosed. Contains remains of a hayrack, but most of the struts are missing. 19c, not apparent on 1841 Selworthy Tithe Map. 1876 Holnicote Estate Map is indistinct, but on 1903 OS 2nd edition ( Somerset sheets XXXIV 3 & 7). Important feature: round rubble stone pillars. In a good state of repair but steps in Loose Box need repairing. Calf Boxes, not in use at time of survey: Double roman tiled roof with matching ridge tiles over wall to north of Stable. South wall built above small yard wall, nicely done with squared off quoin. North wall has brick quoins with two courses set alternately face on and end on. Stone infill between bricks are squared off and well laid. Southeast quoins and gateway into small yard is similar. West wall of vertical planks, with those forming the southern half overlapping. Small yard adjoining is also cobbled with two steps down to road; large stone slabs. Later than the Stable/ Stockhouse to which it is attached. Built together with small yard adjoining. Probably mid 19c ( on 1903 O.S. Somerset sheets XXXIV 3 & 7). Important feature: well laid stone and brick quoins with walls of small enclosed yard of similar construction. In a good state of repair apart from one door. Stable/ Stockhouse, not in use at time of survey: Rectangular, gable ended, one and a half storey building with a large double door opening to the south, and with Calf Boxes on west elevation. Single ridge roof, steeply pitched and probably once thatched with half hip at west end and full hip at east end. Double roman tiles and matching ridge tiles; 2-3 tiles missing on west end of front pitch. Extra row of tiles between double doors and west gable. Building skewed, so roof has big overlap at northwest and southwest corners. Corrugated iron sheeting inserted over south threshing door. Walls random rubble stone mostly grey green and red purple, probably partly rebuilt, as much mortar between some stonework and with cob along raised eaves to the east. The building is of irregular shape in places with some bulging and was obviously once hipped with cob infill first to small hip, then stone was inserted later to apex. Two through stones protruding from east wall gave possible external access to loft store, now removed. Two windows infilled on north wall; centre one a slit; east one was wider but also now a slit and blocked on the inside. Small yard wall butts on to northeast corner. On the south wall the jambs of both doorways have been rebuilt; the west wall is of rubble stone above eaves level to former half hip now weatherboarded. Original structure probably 18c judging by masonry and roof construction; formerly with hipped then half hipped roof, before becoming plain gable-ended with a tiled roof probably towards the end of the 19c. Important features: external appearance, internal fixtures, some doors. In a good state of repair. Machinery Shed and Workshop, now used for storage: An open fronted rectangular building in two sections with a stone partition. Roof of double roman tiles, matching ridge, steeply pitched with gable open to the east. Walls very roughly coursed with larger stones in quoins. Front infill of vertical timbers on concrete plinth with 0.7m gap above. Internally large workbench with vice embossed Parkinsons Patent Perfect Vise. Part loft supporting fuel tank, possibly for dryer in machinery shed. Mid/ late 19c, not shown on 1841 Selworthy Tithe Map. Scissor trusses suggest 19c. On 1903 2nd edition OS Somerset Sheet XXXIV 3 and 7. Important features: scissor frame trusses, workbench and some features. In a good state of repair. Rear Lean-to on Machinery Shed and Workshop, disused at time of survey: Single cell lean-to, roof of corrugated iron; east and west walls weatherboarded. Open to front. A mid 20c addition. It replaced an earlier, smaller building on the site. ( Not shown on the 1929 O.S. Somerset Sheet XXXIV 7, but appears on the 1972 O.S. Map SS 9046-9146). In a good state of repair. Dutch Barn, disused: Five bay with rounded corrugated iron roof. Wall cross section uprights. South and west side corrugated iron half way down east side; low breeze block wall between two bays. Prefabricated construction, mid 20c. In a good state of repair. Lean-to Barn, now storage: 3 x 10 bay large lean-to attached to Dutch Barn. Round pine poles supporting main roof timbers. Corrugated iron roof with clear panels. West and part of south walls in corrugated iron. Low partition of corrugated iron on wood frame. Late 20c. In a good state of repair. Garden Shed, now storage: Small lean-to attached to east end of Barn. Walls of rubble stone, top and bottom coursed, middle rubble. Front wall was probably yard wall raised to form this building. Door jambs and southeast quoin of bricks set alternately two end on and two face on. Roof of corrugated iron. Appears contemporary with Pigsty. Important feature: walls. In a fair state of repair. Garage: Lean-to attached to north wall of Barn. Walls of single skin brickwork with pier, half way along side. Above double doors; vertical planks hit and miss boarding. Mid 20c. In a good state of repair. Sheep Dip, not in use at time of survey: An arrangement of post and rail fencing, and a sunken bath which channels the sheep from the field into the dip, and then allows them to be separated into different groups as they come out of the bath. The dip itself is roofed over with corrugated iron on timber supports which gives some shelter. In a fair state of repair.