Farmhouse, on an earlier moated site, of two storeys and cellars, has timber-framed walls, partly brick-cased, and some brick walls, with a slated hipped roof. The southern half incorporates a 17th-century framed house but the original plan cannot be ascertained; it retains an axial beam on each floor. In the 18th century the house was extended to the north with timber-framed side walls and brick gable wall which includes a chimney; the west wall has chevron-patterned pargetting. Early in the 19th century, a kitchen was added on the west, a stair hall made from the end of the north room, the 17th-century range heightened and the whole re-roofed at a lower pitch; internally, new doorways with reeded architraves were introduced together with a new staircase. Later in the 19th century further additions were made on the west; bay windows were added to the main east front which, with the north gable wall, was refronted in yellow brick around 1860. The moated Site consists of a rectangular area 0.5 hectares surrounding the house. The wide ditch, filled from a spring in the south corner, survives only as a slight hollow on the south east where it has been destroyed by the garden, and the other three sides, now 9.1 metres wide and 2.4 metres deep, have been recut for modern drainage. Owing to the natural slope of the land the interior had to be levelled by raising the north west end by 0.9 metres. It may be identified as the site of the manor house of Shadworth.