Extensive mid 18th century pleasure ground and parkland laid out in a steep-sided dene at The Castle. The dene has a number of ornamental plantings and features including pools, a suspension bridge constructed in 1878. Paths cut though the woods and Castle Eden Burn is divided into a number of weirs and falls, and is crossed by a number of footbridges. Buildings including a game keepers hut, rebuilt in 1881 and a bathing hut, built in 1870 are also present. An Arboretum was plated in the late 19th/early 20th century. The main area of pleasure grounds are situated north of the Castle. Lawns present near the house are separted from the park by a ha ha. South of the castle was a mid 19th century parterre surrounded by lawns. The parterre was removed by the end of the 19th century. The parkland is west of The Castle and has been developed as a golf course.