A medieval moated site known as Tanners Cottage. The moated site includes a kite shaped island which measures a maximum of 50 metres north east-south west by 52 metres north west-south east. The island is contained by a moat measuring a maximum of 1.5 metres in depth and 6 metres wide. The eastern corner of the moat survives as a buried feature. The 1839 Tithe map of Moreton depicts the moated site with at least two buildings on it. The 1896 Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 25 inch map shows only one building, marked as Tanners Cottage. The date Tanners Cottage was demolished is not known. Brick and tile are visible across the surface of the island and a sherd of pottery, thought to be medieval in date and likely to have belonged to an earlier phase of occupation, has been identified from the island. Scheduled.