A monastic dwelling, later converted to a country house, then a farmhouse and now divided into two dwellings. It probably dates to the 15th century, with 16th, 18th and 19th century alterations. The building is of rubble construction, with roughcast to the entrance elavation and slate and pantile roofs. The plan is irregular, with an L-shaped frontage of 3 storeys, stepped down to to 2, and then to a range of single storey outbuildings. There are two pennants on the exterior, one with lettering D. G. 1733 and the other C. T. 1917. There are also a number of carved freestone panels inset into the walls, depicting heraldic devices and badges. It is thought that these may originate from a now demolished chapel once attached to the west of the house. A possible moat was identified at the site in 1976-7. Richard Whiting, the last Abbot of Glastonbury was arrested in the house before his execution. It was also the birthplace of Sir Edward Dyer, a Elizabethan poet and courtier, and the author Henry Fielding. The second part of the divided building is known as Abbots Sharpham.