Medieval stone quarry now the site of an ornamental garden which is known as The Dingle, a sunken garden within a public park developed from circa 1879. The Dingle contains a sunken pool with an island, trees, paths and an area of formal bedding divided by paths, centred on a stone fountain. It has been developed continously from the late 19th century with tree plantations, a rock garden of 1924. Other features include a late 19th century gothic arched entrance, statues of 1846 and circa 1879, and the Shoemakers Arbour. The park comprising lawns and tree-lined paths and a number of entrances. The main entrance has late 19th century iron gates and railings. Features include a War Memorial, an early 18th century statue which was erected in the park in the late 19th century, and an octagonal cast-iron bandstand of 1879.