A medieval moated site surrounding Wynters Armourie which is located on the western edge of the parish of Magdalen Laver. The moated site includes a rectangular island which measures 74 metres north-south and 32 metres east-west. This is contained on the north, east and west sides by a water-filled moat or ditch measuring up to 14 metres wide and at least 2 metres deep. The timber-framed hall house, which stands towards the southern end of the moated enclosure, was formerly known as `Winters, and it is believed that this name is derived from the family of Alice de Winter, first mentioned in 1248. The house dates from the 13th-14th century and was altered in the 16th century and restored circa 1935. The timber framing is plastered, with the frame wholly exposed, whilst the roof is of handmade red clay tiles. The house is Listed Grade II* whilst the moat is Scheduled.