In 1383 Henry Trekarle and Christiana his wife had licence for the chapel in their mansion of Trekarle on the feast of St Mary Madgalene. The present chapel was restored in 1882. The chapel was built by Henry Trecarrel, the last of Trecarrels, who died in June 1544. This little chapel is in excellent condition although there is no glass in the windows and it is used as a temporary storehouse by the farmer at Trecarrell. Internally it measures 20feet 10 inches by 10feet 3inches. There is a fine granite framed Perpendicular doorway at the west end. The windows are granite framed in Perpendicular style, each with three lights. The whole of the chapel is very solidly built with ragstone walls faced internally with granite slabs. The slates are supported by a timber waggon roof.