Country house constructed circa 1697 for Sir Edward Blackett, possibly to designs by Sir Christopher Wren. The north and south wings were added circa 1775. The upper storeys added by William Belwood pre-1785. The west side was extended northwards by the addition of single-storey dining room in 1808 by John Shaw with contributions by Thomas Weddell Robinson. An upper storey was added to dining room and northern range of service room added in the late 19th century.