The existing building is the last survivor of what may have been an extensive medieval inn, it has two bays of a former three-bay front range. The building was always floored and the posts, cross rails and stopped joists on the ground floor reveal the presence of a jetty to the street font. There was no ground floor partition between the surviving bays. The original building was built between 1500 and 1550, it was of two storeys with cellars. The first floor of the building is now plastered and the ground floor has a tile mid 19th century public house front with entablature and panelled pilasters. The building has large coved eaves, a steeply pitched slate roof and brick chimneys. The building was damaged by fire in the 1970s.