The old farmhouse at Chillacombe was burnt down on the 6th April 1888 and the new one utilised the ground floor of a stone farm building, the first floor was added in brick. Some late 19c interior features survive from this period. A shippon has been built on the remnants of the old farmhouse. Opposite it is an 18c cob range along the north side of the yard. It includes a threshing barn with opposed doors, stock accommodation and hay/straw storage space and is a remarkable survival. It was thatched but now has a corrugated iron roof. The east end has been rebuilt in brick, probably as a result of the same fire. The farm was acquired by the Aclands in 1890 from Mr. John Ayshford.