Nineteenth and 20th century formal and woodland gardens situated in a deer and landscape park at Englefield House. Features include a walled kitchen garden situated to the east-north-east of the house. Most of the park is of open parkland with scattered mature trees. Woodland is present in belts or plantations in the north and west. Landscaping is known to have taken place during the 18th century but precise details are uncertain. It is known that landscaping took place in 1860 when the balustraded terraces and steps enclosing formal bedding were completed. The terraces may have been based on 17th century terraces. In 1861 fountain basins west of the house were completed. Twentieth century development includes simplication of the 19th century bedding scheme, and the removal in the 1940s of a large greenhouse to the west of the house. The woodland garden was laid out in 1936. There is also a water garden.