Former Norfolk County Asylum, south site. Built 1811-14 to designs by Francis Stone. Enlarged between 1816 and 1849 and in the 1850s. Isolation blocks were added in 1862 and female wards in 1868 and 1873. Further additions in 1877 and between 1910-1911. Whist removing plasterboarding from the cellar below the centre of the main facade an unusual oven was uncovered. The external appearance of the door is that of a standard domestic oven and it is probably a later insertion rather than belonging to the original work of 1811.