Site of royal palace situated in Nonsuch Little Park. It was constructed in 1538 and comprised two-storey timber framed buildings arranged around interconnecting courtyards. The courts were constructed in contrasting styles, the outer court was described as being `castle like, the inner court `of gothic fabric walls uncomparably beautified. The stables, barn and bakehouse were constructed in 1598. Parts of the palace were demolished by 1682, the remainder was ruins in 1710. The palace was also described as having elaborate gardens and included a walled Privy Garden, the wilderness and an orchard. Archaeological survey carried out by RCHME field survey between 1993-95 identified earthworks associated with the palace and gardens. The main ranges survived as scarps, however, some partly relate to Biddles excavation trenches. The two main courts each measure 60 metres square; the gatehouses and the rear of the inner court were marked by granite obelisks. The Palace was aligned on the central axis of the walled Privy Garden, with the north face of the outer court abutting the wall, overlooking a bowling green which survived as a fairly level sub-rectangular mound, with a triangular embankment to the north. Earthworks of the Privy stable block were identified in the south-west corner of the Privy Garden. The outline of the Privy Garden was identified and comprised a square compartment 180 metres in width. Earthworks of the boundaries of the adjoining Wilderness Garden, originally of high hedges, were also traced; the compartment was identical in size to the Privy Garden. No earthworks relating to the gardens survive within the Privy garden, but a broad embankment around the south-western corner of The Wilderness may have been an original walk. The Grove of Diana appeared as a quadrangular compartment west of The Wilderness, but did not appear to be part of the original design, and was probably added in the Elizabethan period. A probable grotto site was also identified.