Probably built in the late 11th century, it has a cruciform plan and clearly a central tower was intended but not built. The South transept is late 12th century, the North porch and North chapel next to the chancel are 14th century. The West tower is late 14th century or early 15th century. The whole was restored in 1870 by JP St Aubyn. There is an unsubstantiated suggestion that the church occupies the site of a former chapel or oratory.