The house earlier formed part of a farmstead with a barn, stables and cowsheds. Two-storey house with three rooms (Inner Room, Hall and Kitchen) in-line with a cross-passage and lean-to service rooms at the rear. The south front and both gables have been rebuilt in brick, the front is rendered. The surviving parts of the back wall are of cob with a stone base. The roof is clad with modern tiles. Built as a single storey open hall house circa 1500. The beams, first-floors, ceilings, fireplaces/stacks and internal divisions were inserted in the late 16th century. Further alterations were carried out in the 18th and late 19th centuries.