A 13th century castle with the remains of an octagonal keep, inner and outer moat, and traces of an extramural settlement, situated on the site of an earlier, moated, castle. Used as a hunting lodge by the 15th century. Flint walls with stone dressings. Excavations during 1981-85 located an inner moat, and uncovered remains of buildings beneath the castle keep. The earliest buildings were dated to 1207-14. The keep was assigned to the early 13th century. Scheduled.