A proto-Vernacular Revival facade of 1858 by James Harrison encases a much altered 17th century timber framed town house above a pair of modern clad undercrofts. Evidence for this structure is fragmentary and is best seen in the passageway at the south. The Row level is open to the roof and there is a gallery; this is of 19th century construction, but probably perpetuates the 17th century form. The overall Row chamber has remains of timber studwork in the south wall. The mock timber framing on the front is to Vernacular Revival as Gothick is to Gothic Revival, the clearest instance of its kind in Chester. The building now contains two small offices in the undercroft and a shop at Row level and above.