The former YMCA building, on Manor Road, Liscard, first appears on the 1st edition 25 OS map of 1870 - 1875. The building is not shown on the Tithe map of 1841. (1). It is reported to have been built in 1848, as a house called Homecroft, owned by the Pooley Family, and opened as the YMCA on 21 August 1899. (2) It is now a private residence.