Neolithic long barrow, listed by Grinsell as Amesbury 42 and located 20 metres east of the eastern end of the Stonehenge Cursus (SU 14 SW 42). Excavation by Thurnam in 1866 found the skeletons of two infants and a crouched adult inhumation, as well as animal bones including an ox skull. Sample excavation was undertaken in the 1980s as part of the Stonehenge Environs Project. Finds included in situ knapping debris in the flanking ditch, plus potsherds representing Beakers, Collared Urns and Late Bronze Age vessels, as well as a quantity of Roman-British sherds. Animal bones also came from ditch fills associated with Bronze Age and Roman pottery. The barrow is extant as an earthwork mound oriented north-south, 81 metres long and 15 metres wide, up to 0.9 metres high and with traces of a flanking ditch.