A post medieval farmhouse which incorporates part of the late medieval gatehouse of the Palace of the Archbishops of Canterbury. Most of the Palace was demolished in 1658. The existing building incorporates a wing of 15th century date but was refronted in red brick during the 18th century. Two storeys. Hipped tiled roof. Modern porch. The east front has the timber-framing exposed in one place and a small two-storeyed gable projection in the centre. An 18th century L-wing on the ground floor only. The interior contains exposed beams, inglenook fireplace and crown post roof of circa 1480. There is also a 16th century brick tithe barn with a king post roof. On low-lying ground beside the stream, there is a sub-rectangular piece of raised ground enclosed on three sides by a shallow depression which bears a superficial resemblance to a homestead moat.