Almshouses, consisting of ten tenements forming an east and west terrace on the south side side of Church Street and a chapel at the east end. The range of tenements is two-storeyed, brick built, with a continuous tiled roof. Each tenement consists of a single room on either floor. Behind are enclosed yards partly occupied by later out-buildings. In the middle of the street elevation is a tablet with painted legend VIVAT obi NATUS/Johannes Jacob/Miles & Bros tus AD/1665. The will of William Mainstone (Meadston), d. 1683, includes a bequest for the repair of the almshouses and chapel. The existing chapel is structurally later than the almshouses and dates from 1745.