The tower can be dated to the 15th century, the rest of the church was rebuilt in 1830, remodelled during the late 19th century. The tower is virtually complete and unaltered. There appears to be a lan in the churchyard. `Parochia Sancti Dydmini is named in 1327, and `St Martin alias Didemin in 1380 (2), which indicates an early dedication to an unknown Celtic saint, `Didemin. This possibly supports an earlier church.