Site of a Roman barrow with prehistoric origins discovered circa 1596 and excavated in 1844 and 1954. Finds include prehistoric pottery sherds, inhumations, cremations, amphorae, iron nails, a wooden and a lead coffin, a sella castrensis, a wooden bier and a Roman coin. The burials date from AD 200 to AD 250. The barrow has now been destroyed. 14 post holes forming a square enclosure around the barrow suggests a temporary shelter was erected over the grave.