The monument includes the remains of a nucleated lead mine complex situated in a narrow steep sided gill on the west flank of Buckden Pike. The mine entrance is an adit driven in a north easterly dircetion at the east side of the monument. The adit is 1.5 metres high with an arched portal set into a revetment wall 5.6 metres wide. To the west of the mine entrance are the ruins of a lodging shop which lies on a small terrace partly cut into the hillside. The remains of a small dam and reservoir lie across the stream above the mine entrance. The water thus stored was used for a variety of purposes, including washing and sorting the ore prior to its removal for smelting. A small washing floor lies at the mouth of the mine. A further washing floor lies on an artificial terrace cut into the hillside to the south west of the lodging shop. The spoil heap formed from from non-ore-bearing material removed from the mine extends for at least 60 metres to the south of the mine entrance and then spills downwards spreading out across the narrow gill sides. A further spoil tip formed from waste material from the washing floor also extends downwards and spreads across the gill sides. The mine dates to 1803 when Robert Higgs drove the level in at the head of Buckden Gill and the ore was apparently taken to mills first at Birks Mill and then, when production increased, to a new mill 3 kilometres away in Cam Gill, Starbotton. Scheduled.