Site of cottage north of Horswell, Newhall Farm, Killerton
A cottage existed at the angle of the field boundary about midway between Newhall and Horswell. It was on a stream draining down from Sprydon into the Buddlelake. It was recorded as owned and occupied by Sir Thomas Dyke Acland in the Tithe Apportionment, and was presumably lived in by an estate worker. It is not present on the 1879 Estate map, so perhaps had been replaced by one of the Francis Court Cottages. When fieldwalked the site was under grass. Brick and plaster were found a little to the north, due east of Newhall.