Peel Hall was constructed by John de Arderne during the mid 14th century. The house passed to the Stanley family in 1408 and remained in their hands for 100 years, after which it passed through a succession of different owners until acquired by the Tattons. The house was eventually demolished in 1809 and replaced the following year by a farmhouse, which inturn was demolished in 1975 Remains from the occupatuion of the site include a waterlogged moat which is 8-14 metres wide and 1.2 metres deep. An outer bank 10 metres wide and 0.3 meters high flanks the moats northern arm. Crossing the moat is a triple-arched sandstone bridge dating to the 17th century.